Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

My favorite season has always been fall, but living in Florida the fall season never comes. We have about three more months of hot weather. I sure miss the fall season so much and I love pumpkin, so I wanted to share with you this yummy recipe for pumpkin muffins. Just the aroma made it seem like fall to me. Yummy!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup of unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cup of solid pack pumpkin
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 large eggs

Topping:
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
mix together and sprinkle on top of each muffin before baking.

Preheat oven to 350F and place liners in muffin cups.

In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla then add flour mixture to the pumpkin. Whisk all the ingredients till combine. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon topping on each muffin, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert wooden toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes and remove from muffin pan and place on cooling rack.







Give these a try and let me know what you think. I love comments so leave a message.
Enjoy!

Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Those sound (and look) yummy!

    I love Pumpkin roll- the recipe can be found on the recipe page of my Come On Home blog.

    I found your blog somehow out there in the blogosphere....

    Please feel free to check out The Blogging Buddies Social Network
    ...you can create a profile, and add your blog, Twitter and Facebook links in the appropriate groups.

    We also have featured members each week, which are promoted on 2 twitter and facebook accounts, and on the site itself. And they get a FREE week of advertising on the site and in my newsletter.

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days I am bumping into delicious food recipes and bookmarking like crazy for future references. I don't have much time to try out new things as much as I would love to. I really hope I can try this!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.